The scorching rays of sun affects your body in different manners. it takes away all the fluids making the body tired and dehydrated. To beat the heat exhaustion from the sun rays, I prefer to drink lemon water.
After driving for long hours at work and coming back home I felt lethargic and dizzy. All the energy to perform daily house chore seems to be drained away. The lemon water at that moment elevates my mood and refreshes me to perform those household chores.
The brightly coloured and juicy lemons are vitamin infused and considered as natures bounty. The fruit is sour in taste but is good for health . When freshly squeezed in water the fruit makes a drink that not only provides refreshment but other health benefits.
WHY LEMON WATER?
- The juice helps to fight against infections associated with respiratory tract because of its anti-bacterial properties
- The juice act as a detoxifying agent and maintains pH balance of the body
- Lemon water is a source of vitamin C which helps to protect the body from immune system deficiencies
Lemon water is easy to prepare as it requires only few ingredients. The recipe is a perfect balance of citric lemon and sea salt.
- 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 cup cold water OR warm water (depending on your preference)
In a glass, squeeze lemon juice with hand held lemon reamer or glass lemon juicer reamer. Discard seeds if necessary.Add water and sea salt. Stir and drink while warm.
ENHANCE YOUR DRINK:
- You can add mint leaves and slices of lemon to enhance the flavour.
- Add a pinch of black pepper, if you like a little taste of spice to your drink
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below and let me know how it turned out for you.