Are you planning a trip to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and wondering how to obtain a tourist visa? Getting a UAE tourist visa is a simple and straightforward process, but it’s important to know the steps involved to ensure a hassle-free travel experience. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of obtaining a UAE tourist visa and checking your visa status, as well as provide useful external links to relevant websites.
How to get a UAE tourist visa?
There are several types of tourist visas available for visitors to the UAE, including short-term and long-term visas. The most common type of tourist visa is the short-term visa, which allows visitors to stay in the UAE for up to 90 days.
Here are the steps to follow to obtain a UAE tourist visa:
- Check your eligibility: Before applying for a tourist visa, check if you meet the eligibility criteria. Generally, tourists from most countries are eligible for a UAE tourist visa. However, there are some exceptions and restrictions based on your country of citizenship and previous travel history.
- Choose your visa type: Decide on the type of tourist visa you need based on the duration of your stay and your travel plans.
- Apply online: The easiest and most convenient way to apply for a UAE tourist visa is to apply online through the official website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) or through a trusted travel agent.
- Submit the required documents: To complete your visa application, you’ll need to provide the necessary documents, such as your passport copy, photograph, and proof of travel itinerary.
- Pay the visa fee: The visa fee varies depending on the type of visa and duration of stay. You can pay the visa fee online using a credit or debit card.
- Wait for visa approval: After submitting your application and paying the visa fee, you’ll need to wait for your visa to be approved. The processing time varies depending on the type of visa and other factors.
- Collect your visa: Once your visa is approved, you’ll receive an e-visa or a physical visa sticker, depending on the type of visa. If you applied for an e-visa, you can print it out and carry it with you during your trip.
You may also read: 2023 UAE Ramadan Staycations: Top Hotels for an Unforgettable Experience
How to check your UAE visa status?
After submitting your visa application, you can track the status of your visa online through the GDRFA website or through the visa application center where you submitted your application. Here are the steps to follow to check your visa status:
- Go to the GDRFA website or the visa application center website.
- Enter your visa application reference number and passport number.
- Click on “submit” to view the status of your visa application.
You may also read: 15 Budget-Friendly Iftars in Dubai Under Dhs50
Useful external links:
To apply for a UAE tourist visa or track your visa status, you can use the following external links:
- General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA): The official website of the GDRFA provides information on visa requirements, application process, and visa status tracking. (https://www.gdrfa.ae/)
- Emirates Visa Services: Emirates Visa Services is a trusted travel agent that can help you obtain a UAE tourist visa and provide assistance with the visa application process. (https://www.emirates.com/english/before-you-fly/visa-passport-information/uae-visas/)
- VFS Global: VFS Global is a visa application center that offers visa application services and visa status tracking for UAE tourist visas. (https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/uae-visas/)
In conclusion, obtaining a UAE tourist visa and checking your visa status is a simple and straightforward process. By following the steps outlined in this article and using the external links provided